Pilkington Glass Roof Conservatory
The industry leaders in glass solutions, Pilkington Glass, for your DIY conservatory windows. You can choose from a wide product range including; self-cleaning, thermal, solar and noise control. The thermal class helps to regulate and control the temperature in your conservatory by keeping it warm in the winter and cool in the summer. We can give you further information regarding the benefits of Pilkington Glass.
Using a “photocatalytic” process, the coating on Pilkington Activ™ Clear reacts with ultra-violet rays present in natural daylight to break down and disintegrate organic dirt. The second stage occurs when rainwater hits the glass.Pilkington Activ Clear is the world’s first true self-cleaning glass. Essentially it is the same as conventional glass, except for a unique dual-action coating which works in two ways. First it uses UV rays to break down and loosen organic dirt (such as bird droppings) and then it uses rain to wash the dirt away.
The choice of conservatories on the market is vast and it is well worth getting help from us in making your decision. We know everything there is to know about any particular type of extension and can advise on style, size, and materials.
Advantages of Pilkington Glass Roof :
- Reduces solar heat gain and offers high levels of natural light to provide comfortable and pleasant environments in which to live and work.
- Solar control glass can be specified for any situation where excessive solar heat gain is likely to be an issue, eg. large facades, glass walkways, atria and conservatories.
- Pilkington Optilam is produced by combining two or more sheets of glass with polyvinylbutyral (PVB) interlayers. It is this lamination that enables it to offer impact protection and safety. By varying the number of layers and thickness of the glass, it can offer many benefits and be used in various applications.
- Remains intact or breaks safely on impact to reduce the risk of serious injury
- Resists attack for longer as it remains bonded to the interlayer – specialist high performance security glass also available
- Can be used in Insulating Glass Units, for different combinations of benefits
Glass manages solar heat radiation by three mechanisms: reflectance, transmittance and absorptance.
These are defined as follows:
- Reflectance the proportion of solar radiation reflected back into the atmosphere.
- Direct transmittance the proportion of solar radiation transmitted directly through the glass.
- Absorptance the proportion of solar radiation absorbed by the glass.